Interview with Sam "Doomsday" Witwer Part 1

Labels:


As we know, Sam Witwer who played Davis Bloome aka Doomsday, won’t back for Season 9. William Keck from TV Guide Magazine was interview Sam Witwer, and here the interview :
When he signed on as Smallville’s hunky paramedic, Davis Bloome, actor Sam Witwer knew it would only be for one season_the show’s last, everyone believed at the time. But a few story lines in the season finale caught even him by surprise.

Fans got a double shock in the season finale when both Davis and Jimmy Olsen (Aaron Ashmore) died at each other’s hands. What was your reaction when you received the script?
It was definitely a shock. I didn’t see it going down like that, so I was very surprised. Aaron is such a great actor that I really disliked the idea of taking him out. I don’t know that I saw Davis freaking out and killing Jimmy. It’s my job to just say the lines convincingly, but that was something I struggled with.

Did you express your concerns to the writers?
I did, but they had their ideas. It is not for me to say what should happen. Throughout the season, they were very receptive to what I had to say. This was not a battle that I won. But I did my damnedest to take what I was given and run with it.

I see what you’re saying. The whole point of Clark wanting to spare Davis’ life by separating him from the beast was that he saw some potential good in Davis once he was free from Doomsday.
(Laughs) Yeah, that was the thing. I always tried to play Davis as a really good guy who was in a very bad situation. I never looked at him as a psychopath, just someone who was very broken. The one thing I was very clear on was that when he was stabbed and dying, that had to be a moment of peace for the character. He was okay with it.

With the characters having to mourn Jimmy, Chloe was never really shown reacting to the death of Davis, whom we were led to believe she deeply loved.
Did she, or did she not? Chloe’s argument was that she protecting Clark. I have no idea where the truth lies.

Jimmy got a funeral, but we never saw what happened to Davis’ body.
They stuffed him in a closet to deal with later.

You knew all along you were only on board for one season, right?
Yeah I did. When Smallville hired me they believed they had only one season left. But the ratings went up, so they realized there might be a ninth season. We didn’t know until fairly late in the season because they were trying to make a deal with Tom Welling (Clark) to come back. By then, they’d already mapped out my character. He was already killing people. Had we known there was going to be more than one season, we would have had Davis be a normal guy for a longer time before turning him toward where he was ultimately headed.

Was Aaron completely shocked to be killed off?
He may have been more prepared than I was. He told me that he had heard about it a few months back, but had to keep his mouth shut. I was crushed when I heard about him. I know that it wasn’t really the producers’ idea. It was some kind of concern about Jimmy Olsen being too old. He was supposed to be at least ten years younger when he interacted with Clark and Lois and DC is very concerned about protecting its properties. It had to be corrected as the show heads towards Clark becoming Superman.
Part 2

Related Artikel :
Find Out Why They Killed Jimmy
Interview with Erica Durance about the season finale

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends, have something in your minds: Comments, Critiques, Questions or Requests?. Just write them done. You know the rules : no spams, keep civilized, and polite.
Every comment that against the rules above will be deleted.

Follow us

Recommend Us On Google
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Me on Pinterest