Interview with Allison Mack from Comic Con 2009

Labels:

Craig Byrne from Kryptonsite.com posted his interview with Allison Mack from San Diego Comic Conference 2009. Here the interview :

Can you talk about Chloe’s arc for this season and how things have changed since the season finale?
She is a woman scorned. The word that I keep using for Chloe is she’s cauterized. I think that Chloe has hardened. Her intention and her direction and her deliberation is much stronger than it ever has been before, and I think she is much more committed to actualizing the things that she believes in, and she’s doing it in a way that’s different than Chloe’s done it before, because she doesn’t have Clark to stop her from doing the things she wants to do. She’s a bit more potent this year than she ever has been before.
We hear there’s going to be some happiness coming for Chloe.
Happiness for Chloe? I had no idea! That would be lovely. I would love to play some happy things. It’s been a while since my character’s had happiness on this show. So I would be very pleased. That would be great. I spent the last six episodes of the season last year crying and fighting and running, and the first three episodes of this year doing the same thing, so it would be nice to do some joyful things.
So you’ll be directing more this year?
I’m directing another episode this season, which is very exciting.
Will you be doing anything differently to prepare this time?
I’m a little cockier this year, so I haven’t gotten into my research yet for directing. I have a few directions that I have my eye on as far as shadowing is concerned, and I am always watching films and reading books, so I’ll get down into it, probably a little closer to the time.
Erica used the term "Superman" when referring to Clark’s alter ego when we interviewed her. Do you have any idea if the term will come into the show?
Calling him Superman? Right now he’s the Blur, and I don’t foresee that changing anytime soon, because right now, we’re really just establishing that title for him. I don’t think it’s out of the question to think that we wouldn’t eventually be calling him that.
Can you talk about portraying a character that’s not in the comic lore?
It’s so cool to know that the character that we’ve developed made enough of a name that people wanted to see her put into that mythos. I think that’s an incredible compliment for both myself and the writers. It’s an amazing thing, and I’m thrilled.
Will Chloe be returning to the Daily Planet anytime soon?
I hope so. I love that set. I want to film there more often, so I don’t really know. I don’t think she’s a journalist anymore. She’s really dedicated herself to being more of a behind the scenes kind of superhero techno girl. She’s more potent in that way, but I think that she can’t really keep herself away from the Daily Planet, because the woman that she loves the most in the world works there. So, she’s there often.
What kind of scenes are you sharing with Dr. Hamilton (Alessandro Juliani)?
He’s wonderful. A.J.’s great. It’s amazing, actually. I have someone to share the technobabble with now. He speaks in a similar way that she does, so it’s great. I don’t have to carry the full weight of all of the technical jargon anymore. I can share a bit of the brunt of that with him. A lot of our scenes are kind of sidekick to sidekick. It’s a funny dynamic, because neither of us know how to lead just yet. We’re figuring that out

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends, have something in your minds: Comments, Critiques, Questions or Requests?. Just write them done. You know the rules : no spams, keep civilized, and polite.
Every comment that against the rules above will be deleted.

Follow us

Recommend Us On Google
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Me on Pinterest